"Receive this as a warning.
This forty day journey cannot
be taken lightly.
It is a challenging and often
difficult process, but an incredibly
fulfilling one. To take this dare
requires a resolute mind and a
steadfast determination.
It is not meant to be sampled or briefly
tested, and those who quit early will
forfeit the greatest benefits. If you
will commit to a day at a time for forty
days, the results could change your
life and your marriage.
Consider it a dare, from others
who have done it before you.
I met Levi in my 6th grade math class. He was twelve. I was eleven. I hated math. It was his favorite subject. As sixth grade went on, me and my best friends, Pheonix and Miranda, and him and his best friend Michael all became extremely close friends. The five of us were together all the time, since Michael, Miranda and I lived in the same neighborhood and Levi and Pheonix lived in the neighborhood that connected to ours. We worked on homework together, played baseball and kickball outside all the time. As we grew older, the world changed around us. The innocence in 6th grade changed. Circumstances happened. Soon we were sophomores, and I went through some very tough things that fall. Levi was there for me, and he asked me out on February 16, 2008. He had originally planned to ask me out on Valentine's day, but he was too nervous. It was a simple, innocent note. Like the one he'd passed to me as a joke the week we first met. "Friend or Girlfriend? Check yes or no." Since we'd been friends for so long, we kind of skipped that questions and i-like-you-but-don't-really-know-you-well stage. We were serious pretty fast, but never "too" serious, if you know what I mean. Things between us were amazing - until September of '08. Our friend JT and I were in a car crash. I was fine - minor cuts and bruises, a sprained wrist and some slightly bruised ribs. But JT... He didn't do so well. He received the brunt of the accident, and he was in really bad shape. Levi didn't handle it well at all and turned to drugs. And to top it all off, in November I found out I was pregnant. Things in our relationship were a roller coaster at first, until it finally just because a downward spiral. Relapse after relapse. Fight after fight. Finally, around June, things slowed down. Our relationship was good again, and our baby was born July 5, 2009 at 5:11pm. He weighed in at 7lbs8oz and measured 20 inches long - Bentley Michael. He gave both of us the determination and reason to keep our relationship going. But even that didn't keep up. He relapsed again and again. Countless promises to stay clean. We broke up and got back together. Finally, in late April, I had enough and left for good. But so did Levi - he finally got help. He wanted to be the father that Bentley deserved and the boyfriend that I needed. While he was gone, I found out I was pregnant again. When Levi got back, we got married. June 26th, 2010. Our marriage is still young, but after all we've been through, it seems like it's been forever. Our second child, another boy named Rafe Andrew, was born December 7th, 2010 at 3:45pm. He weighed 8lbs1oz and measured 21 inches. Lately we've been fighting, and I worry we'll go down that road we were on before. On the first 40 days of our marriage, Levi did this dare to me. So now, I feel like it's my turn. I'm really hoping that God can continue to show us the path we're supposed to be on, and that we can strengthen our relationship even more and be able to have a stable, drama-free relationship. We've already worked so hard at it, and I refuse to just give up now. This is my journey.
-Aussie
No comments:
Post a Comment