Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they’d really like to work on. Just to be together.
Give me your heart … and let your eyes delight in my ways. (Proverbs 23:26)
So I came up with the idea that we could watch a movie. After dinner and putting the kids to bed, usually I get on the computer or do other pointless, mindless things. But I asked Levi if he wanted to watch a movie with me, and he said yes. :) So we made ice cream sundaes, and then he actually sat next to me on the couch! :) I know that sounds really little and insignificant, but we really haven't sat right next to each other on the couch, and just watched TV or even just talked or did nothing like we used to! It was really nice to actually have that time just the two of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment