Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day Twenty - Love is Jesus Christ

Dare to take God at His Word. Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. Dare to pray “Lord Jesus, I’m a sinner. But You have shown Your love for me by dying to forgive my sins, and You have proven Your power to save me from death by Your resurrection. Lord, change my heart, and save me by Your grace.” Write about what this experience has been like for you. Even if you are only renewing your commitment to receive and express His love, what has He shown you today?

While we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. –Romans 5:6

This really resonates with me, especially today. I've been contemplating divorce. I can't stand Levi not talking to me, can't stand him not looking at me. I can't stand being this unhappy. But as I'm feeling like Levi is denying me, I can't help but thinking about all the times in my life that I've denied God. Today, God has reminded me that the reason why my marriage may not be successful right now is because both Levi and I are lacking God in our lives. And without Him, it's harder to get things done. Heck, it's next to impossible to get things done. I need to have faith in God, and trust in Him. I want our marriage to be successful - I don't want it to end! Through God, I know that is possible, and I know Levi and I can be loving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment