Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.
Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. – Philippians 2:4
So this was arguably the hardest dare so far. I admit that I am a very stubborn person, and neither of us tend to give in when we find ourselves in an argument. I didn't know what to do for this, but the opportunity kind of presented itself. After dinner, he said he was going to go play Black Ops. He did so very cautiously, because he knows that when I have things I want him to do and he runs off to play video games, I get mad. But I simply said (possibly against my better judgment) "okay." He looked at me like I'd just told him something crazy, like that I'm pregnant again or something. He kept saying "Are you sure?" and even once he got upstairs and turned it on, he still even popped his head downstairs and asked "are you sure you're okay with it?" I said "Yep!" So he played. And he's still playing. But I'm trying to do what the dare says - put his preference before mine. And though this isn't really a huge situation, I think it can help me learn to not be so stubborn all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment