Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Three - Love Is Not Selfish

Whatever you put your time, energy, and
money into will become more important
to you. It’s hard to care for something
you are not investing in. Along with
restraining from negative comments,
buy your spouse something that says,
“I was thinking of you today.”


Be devoted to one another in brotherly love;
give preference to one another in honor. —Romans 12:10


So when I read this dare, I did NOT know what I was going to do. Like, what the heck am I going to buy him? It's not like a man really appreciates flowers or chocolates too much. But I was out at Academy getting my sister some sweat pants for her first cross country match, and on the way out, I grabbed his favorite candy bar. And then I went to Bass Pro Shop to see if they had the jacket I've been wanting, but then I saw it - Levi's favorite jacket that he recently lost. He loved that jacket tons, and when I went to go look at it, it was confirmed - same brand, same color, same everything! So I got it instead of getting the jacket for me. I figure that I can always get it later, and why not get it for him? It'd make him SO happy and it's part of the dare. So when he got home, I went all cheesy and made him close his eyes while standing in our room while I layed it out on the bed with the candy, and when he opened his eyes, the look on his face was PRICELESS! He was SO excited! He put it on straight away, asked how I got it and I told him I found it at the store. And he just wrapped me in a giant bear hug and was like "thank you thank you thank you thank you!" like a little kid. Haha. So far, the Love Dare is going really well. :)
But then again, I still feel like it's still just me doing this stuff to complete the dare, and it's not really all that genuine yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment