Ask your spouse to tell you three
things that cause him or her to be
uncomfortable or irritated with you.
You must do so without attacking them
or justifying your behavior. This is
from their perspective only.
The words from the mouth of a wise man are gracious. (Ecclesiastes 10:12)
So I asked Levi before we went to bed. I'm surprised that he hasn't caught on yet, because he did this to me last year. You'd think he'd recognize all the things I've been doing. The three things he said were; Not being patient whenever he didn't want to talk about things that were bothering me - he'll tell me in his own time. He doesn't like it when I jump to conclusions and think he's doing drugs again or some other whatnot whenever he's not where he says he'll be right at that moment. And lastly, he doesn't like being constantly reminded about tasks that I want done. He hates the nagging and would rather me just write it on a list so it's easy to be kept track of and he'll be more likely to remember. We did have to take a mini-time out because I was starting to get a bit defensive and he got mad because I'd promised that I wouldn't, so yeah. But in the end, it was good and I'm glad I know this straight up because I'll know what to be more careful about.
No comments:
Post a Comment