Friday, January 7, 2011

Day One - Love is Patient.

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2


So today, I refrained from complaining about these things:
-His excessive Black Ops playing
-Leaving the toilet seat up
-Not cleaning up after he makes breakfast for himself.
Now, I know that may seem really small, but I complain about that stuff ALL the time, and I know it annoys him. So even though I really really wanted to say stuff and make him clean it up or stop, I didn't. And even though he didn't hardly notice (or at least he didn't say anything) but I hope it still did something. And I didn't say anything negative or naggy today, either. I'm proud. :)
It was really hard to bite my tongue when I wanted to say something, though. Harder than I thought it would be when I initially read today's dare.

Day One - Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment