Contact your spouse sometime during
the business of the day. Have no agenda
other than asking how he or she
is doing and if there is anything
you could do for them.
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you. (Philippians 1:3)
That morning, Levi and I had gotten into a fight - Not really all that bad, but still a fight. I'd stayed up all night with Bentley (sick again!) and I was SO tired, so I asked if he could get up with Rafe, he wouldn't, I got mad, and it all just escalated. So he went to work mad at me, and I wasn't really in a good mood either. But nonetheless, I still called him. He kind of answered all snappy and rude. He didn't even say Hi when he picked up - Just "What." After taking a deep breath so I wouldn't lose my cool, I just asked him you know... Do you want something in particular for dinner? Need anything from the grocery store? Anything you need at all? All the answers were rude no's, but once I said "I love you." before we hung up, he did kind of soften up with his tone and tell me he loves me, too. So day four - done.
No comments:
Post a Comment