Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Two - Love Is Kind.

In addition to saying nothing
negative to your spouse again today,
do at least one unexpected gesture
as an act of kindness.

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

So Levi got home from work, and I guess he'd had a kind of rough day because he wasn't acting really all that happy - more so than normal. So he got home and just went into our room because he needed a bit of time to chill out. So I made his favorite meal and dessert for dinner. He came out once I was almost done because he thought he smelled it, and then we ate together. Silently, but we still did. I was kind of mad because he didn't thank me or anything, but I just tried to let it go. Then he was saying that his back hurt because when he was doing some work out in the barn, he thought he pulled something. So I made him a hot bubble bath (hehe) in our tub with the jets, and gave him a back massage. He didn't thank me or anything so I went to bed mad, despite trying to just put it off. But that morning when I was up feeding Rafe around 6 and Levi was leaving for work, he came up behind me, kissed me on the cheek, and said "thank you for everything last night." It just made all those mad feelings disappear. So I think day two was a complete success. :)

(yes, I'm posting way after Day 2, but I'm just writing what all happened. And I'll update daily from now on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment