Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, "I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don't love me in return."
I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord. – Hosea 2:20
So we were just laying in bed, and I turned over and just told him... Levi, no matter what happens between us or in the world, I will always love you. He was like, I don't know where that came from, but I love you, too. It's funny how much just an "I love you" can make two people feel so connected. I think that in marriage, we kind of tend to forget to say it. That it is or should be implied. But just like in the beginning of a relationship, those "I love you"s are crucial.
No comments:
Post a Comment